Hog4 Compatibility

I see there are no links yet to the software but my question refers to hardware compatibility for my High End consoles.

I have:

RoadHog Full Boar Console (April 2012)
RoadHog Console (2010)

and two DMX Widgets both of which are compatible with Hog3PC.

Will all or none of these devices work with the new HogOS 4?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=emilianomorgia@mac.com;63040]If they don't say it officially how can we be sure?

The new features will all be software based....the hardware isn't changing.
    Since the wings are only USB interfaces, there really is no reason I can see for them not to keep right on working. They don't do any processing or anything like that, so there is nothing there that could potentially drag a newer system down.
    My understanding is that the old style widgets, wings, and DP-8000s will keep right on working through the develoment of Hog4.

Plus, think of it this way.....the continued support of the legacy hardware is a huge selling point of the new line. If they were ever to drop that support after offering it initally it would probably kill the whole product line. PR nightmare that I'm sure they don't want to even touch!

If you want an "official" answer you might try contacting your sales rep or HES directly.

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=emilianomorgia@mac.com;63040]If they don't say it officially how can we be sure?

The new features will all be software based....the hardware isn't changing.
    Since the wings are only USB interfaces, there really is no reason I can see for them not to keep right on working. They don't do any processing or anything like that, so there is nothing there that could potentially drag a newer system down.
    My understanding is that the old style widgets, wings, and DP-8000s will keep right on working through the develoment of Hog4.

Plus, think of it this way.....the continued support of the legacy hardware is a huge selling point of the new line. If they were ever to drop that support after offering it initally it would probably kill the whole product line. PR nightmare that I'm sure they don't want to even touch!

If you want an "official" answer you might try contacting your sales rep or HES directly.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data