Hog4 Compatibility

I see there are no links yet to the software but my question refers to hardware compatibility for my High End consoles.

I have:

RoadHog Full Boar Console (April 2012)
RoadHog Console (2010)

and two DMX Widgets both of which are compatible with Hog3PC.

Will all or none of these devices work with the new HogOS 4?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;63064]I disagree with that point of view.
    The older consoles have older hardware, and may not be up to the task of processing all the new features that are planned.

They are not "cutting out" anything.
    It is a move forward with a whole new product line.
    The fact that we are going to be able to continue to use so much of the old hardware is fantastic!
    Saying your old Hog-3 should be able to run Hog-4 is a bit like saying
    "Why can't my 2001 Ford be just like the new 2013 Ford?"

Well my point is more like "I just purchased a 2012 Hog3 FullBoar and before it is even out of the road case it is obsolete." The hardware is incompatible from April 2012 to November 2012?

Since I was not the party responsible for the purchase (I wish I was), I would have thought the dealer would have said... just wait a couple months more for your purchase and get a Hog4 instead.

I suppose if I were a road house theatre it wouldn't matter so much and the console should work ok for a number of years. However, I'm teaching the HogOS as part of our theatre technology curriculum and not being able to teach the new system is frustrating.
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;63064]I disagree with that point of view.
    The older consoles have older hardware, and may not be up to the task of processing all the new features that are planned.

They are not "cutting out" anything.
    It is a move forward with a whole new product line.
    The fact that we are going to be able to continue to use so much of the old hardware is fantastic!
    Saying your old Hog-3 should be able to run Hog-4 is a bit like saying
    "Why can't my 2001 Ford be just like the new 2013 Ford?"

Well my point is more like "I just purchased a 2012 Hog3 FullBoar and before it is even out of the road case it is obsolete." The hardware is incompatible from April 2012 to November 2012?

Since I was not the party responsible for the purchase (I wish I was), I would have thought the dealer would have said... just wait a couple months more for your purchase and get a Hog4 instead.

I suppose if I were a road house theatre it wouldn't matter so much and the console should work ok for a number of years. However, I'm teaching the HogOS as part of our theatre technology curriculum and not being able to teach the new system is frustrating.
Children
No Data