A Few Hog 4 PC Issues and Questions

I just downloaded Hog 4 PC and I like the look of the new interface. I have a few issues and questions.

- The Pause/Break shortcut to change from Abc to MAP does not work on my machine. I use the exact same machine for Hog 3 PC and I have no problem switching modes.

- I have the older Programming Wing with only 4 wheels. With the new Hog 4 PC there are 5 wheels in the programmer portion of the front panel. When I select a fixture the on screen mapping of the wheels shows the five wheel positions but via my Programming wing I can never access the fifth wheel. Even if I press say Beam repeatedly I can never turn Focus with my programming wing.

- I looked for the Kinds setup to see if there may be wheel sets for 4 dial wings but I could not find how to open the Kind window. The manual seems to indicate there is a Kinds button but I don't see one on the front panel or a shortcut key - if indeed I could get that to work.

Thanks,
Kevin Montagne
Parents
  • [QUOTE=kurtiswilk;63209]Hey kevin,

Just downloaded it myself as well.

The pause break seems to work for me.

The "Kind" button is in the upper softkeys on the secondary screen. It opens a pallet window. From there you can edit wheelsets by holding open and clicking the desired set. I haven't found a quick way to set it up for 4 encoders yet but its a start. so far I love the new look.

also pages 223 to 225 in the manual for quick refrence

Kurtis

Thanks Kurtis. This was driving me nuts trying to find where the "Kinds Editor" was. There is a nice explanation in the manual of what the Kinds Editor does but I can't find where it says how to get to the editor. The OPEN > click the Kinds palette function was not something I thought of. I used it to add FOCUS to the fifth wheel of gobo wheelsets. Very convenient!
  • [QUOTE=kurtiswilk;63209]Hey kevin,

Just downloaded it myself as well.

The pause break seems to work for me.

The "Kind" button is in the upper softkeys on the secondary screen. It opens a pallet window. From there you can edit wheelsets by holding open and clicking the desired set. I haven't found a quick way to set it up for 4 encoders yet but its a start. so far I love the new look.

also pages 223 to 225 in the manual for quick refrence

Kurtis

Thanks Kurtis. This was driving me nuts trying to find where the "Kinds Editor" was. There is a nice explanation in the manual of what the Kinds Editor does but I can't find where it says how to get to the editor. The OPEN > click the Kinds palette function was not something I thought of. I used it to add FOCUS to the fifth wheel of gobo wheelsets. Very convenient!
Children
No Data