Visualisation 3d

Is there an equivalent to the grandMa 3d for the hog4 console? Or do I have to connect to WYG perform$$$?
  • If you buy a console (except the NanoHOG) you will get a fully working dongle for Lightconverse for free

But you can also use your WYG.
  • I have just been looking at some of the Light Converse promo videos on their website. It looks very impressive.

Are there any regular users of Light Converse on this forum who could perhaps give a bit of a review? I am particularly keen to know about the user interface, fixture accuracies, CAD capabilities and reporting/paperwork/plots? Clearly the visualisations themselves are very impressive...

I am asking these questions as a Capture Polar user, so feel free to make comparisons if you also know that software.

Cheers
  • Light Converse is only a visualizer....no CAD, no paperwork.
    Just a 3-D model program in which to program.
    It has a very strong media integration element, as well as a tracking module for use in real world rigs.
    It can read properly formatted VectorWorks files to start building a model.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Thank you very much for that info.

It doesn't sound like it will be much use to me, as having already invested in Capture I certainly won't be buying Vectorworks. I guess I will just continue to encourage the Capture team to improve the look of the plots!

Cheers

Colin
  • ....that being said....

I find myself back on the Light Converse site since I will be receiving my dongle very soon.

I find the website quite poor, so if you don't mind I have a couple of questions.

Even though plans cannot be produced, can everything be drawn within the software, or do you actually require Vectorworks to draw in the first place what will ultimately get imported into Light Converse?

Are there any other pieces of software that are compatible?

I will certainly be having a look at the Hog 3 demo they have on their site.

Cheers
  • Hey Colin

you can draw everything in the software. No need for VW like it is with Vison.
    But there is a Plug-In for VW, as this is a lot used in our business.

Lightconverse is more for pre-viz than for big planning jobs.
  • Thanks for that Marc,

In which case, I wonder why HES chose this software to partner with?

Now I gather from various posts I have read that CITP will shortly be implemented into the Hog software, which I hope will lead to patch transfer with Capture Polar.
  • [QUOTE=Firewood1;63566]Thanks for that Marc,

In which case, I wonder why HES chose this software to partner with?

Now I gather from various posts I have read that CITP will shortly be implemented into the Hog software, which I hope will lead to patch transfer with Capture Polar.

I think cause it worked great with HOG3 since years, cause there is no anual subscription fee, the renderings/results are great, it is easy to use, has a good support, and there might be for sure some reasons.
    Larger Jobs ar often planned within VW, cause Spotlight offer all the list-options etc...
    So you can easy get the drawing from the design-office/planning-office and use the plug-in to convert it for pre-viz and pre-programming
  • I think that's a good enough reason! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to appear critical of their decision to use Light Converse, but I am simply not familiar with it. I agree the visualisations do look very impressive.

VW Spotlight is something I will look more closely into for future, as you say it is industry standard. With that, LC becomes a wonderful tool to have. Without it though, I do not have time to draw from scratch in two pieces of software!