Hog4PC via Artnet with Widgets Question

I don't own any DMX widgets, so I was curious about the whole Artnet out on Hog4PC. I understand you have to have a Hog widget inline. Can someone elaborate as to what excactly you get? If you have a single DMX widget and a DP2K, does that mean you can only use one DMX port via Artnet on the DP2K? Does the DMX port via Artnet mirror the DMX widget or can you actually expand more universes of DMX?
Parents
  • I think that if you have two super widgets, which gives you 8 DMX universes, it would make sense that a DP2K could then be added via Artnet for DMX ports 9 thru 12 and another for 13 thru 16. It should work in a similar manor to the DP8K. A DP8K only gives you 8 actual DMX ports, you have to add a DP2K or some other Artnet node to get the other 8 universes(via DMX).
    Maybe I'm over thinking this. I don't even own widgets, but I do use my DP2Ks via Artnet out of my DP8K. I was just thinking how nice it would be for those who use widgets to have the ability to expand via artnet, but it sounds like they can't expand, they can only mirror. Just my 2c.
  • I think that if you have two super widgets, which gives you 8 DMX universes, it would make sense that a DP2K could then be added via Artnet for DMX ports 9 thru 12 and another for 13 thru 16. It should work in a similar manor to the DP8K. A DP8K only gives you 8 actual DMX ports, you have to add a DP2K or some other Artnet node to get the other 8 universes(via DMX).
    Maybe I'm over thinking this. I don't even own widgets, but I do use my DP2Ks via Artnet out of my DP8K. I was just thinking how nice it would be for those who use widgets to have the ability to expand via artnet, but it sounds like they can't expand, they can only mirror. Just my 2c.
Children
No Data