Hog 4 PC issues on startup and shutdown

Hello,

Perhaps crash is not the correct term, but I frequently have issues starting up and shutting down Hog 4 PC, whether connected or not to my network.

The program is freezing on startup every couple of attempts, and on shutdown almost every time. I have to go into Task Manager (Windows XP) and end all the processes ending in -win32-golden.exe.

Any thoughts? It's quite irritating.

Cheers

Colin
Parents
  • I have just started having trouble shutting down my 4pc software. When I close it using the "x" in the upper right hand corner of my screen, it asks me if I want to "kill" the program (and possibly lose data) or wait. When hitting wait, I get no response---when I try again, I get the same message.

So, I tried shutting down through "setup" and "quit"---and got no response---it also seemed to prevent me from manually backing up my file.

I am running win7 on a macbook pro (boot camp), 64 bit---I do have wifi on, and believe my UAC's are disabled. I recently updated my windows software (within the past few weeks), and that may have been when this problem started---I use 4pc on multiple computers (mac mini, macbook pro---all on bootcamp) and have just recently started experiencing this problem globally.

Hope this info is helpful!
  • I have just started having trouble shutting down my 4pc software. When I close it using the "x" in the upper right hand corner of my screen, it asks me if I want to "kill" the program (and possibly lose data) or wait. When hitting wait, I get no response---when I try again, I get the same message.

So, I tried shutting down through "setup" and "quit"---and got no response---it also seemed to prevent me from manually backing up my file.

I am running win7 on a macbook pro (boot camp), 64 bit---I do have wifi on, and believe my UAC's are disabled. I recently updated my windows software (within the past few weeks), and that may have been when this problem started---I use 4pc on multiple computers (mac mini, macbook pro---all on bootcamp) and have just recently started experiencing this problem globally.

Hope this info is helpful!
Children
No Data