[Crash] Moving List Pallette Within List Directory

At work today I had the desktop module crash after attempting to move a list palette within the list directory using the mouse and the wing move key.

Hog4 PC On dedicated tower with wings and touchscreens on Win7 using the first release version of H4PC.

I had done a bit of programming and had a few views open.

Pig+Open+Backspace and I was able to restart the desktop module. Restarted the show at lunch to refresh the processes.

Unable to recreate the crash as I couldn't remember what I had done before trying to move the list pallete.

JB
  • Were you moving the list from one directory location to another or moving the list from the directory to a physical playback master on the main toolbar. We are unable to immediately reproduce the issue here but I would suggest that you clear out your logs folder on your Hog 4PC and the next desktop crash you experience look in that folder and send us whatever output is in there. That is really our best mechanism from a development standpoint for getting the problem reproduced and solved.
  • Chris,

I was just moving the list from one directory position to another within the List Directory. It only crashed the desktop module, which was an easy fix by restarting the desktop via pig+open+backspace. Unfortunately, I was unable to recreate the crash in the last week.

I will clean up the log file before I start the desk each day to hopefully catch the desktop crash if it happens again.

Edit... Fyi, I'm still using b304 not b321, so not sure if it even applies anymore.

Thanks

JB