Need Hog wing repaired

So I plugged in my hog playback wing and all of a sudden I saw a flash and smelt smoke. so I unplugged it immediately and open it up to see what it was. It looked like the desklight shorted. And yes i did plug in the right power supply and it was plugged into a power condition so no spike from there. Is this repairable with out cost the cost of the wing or can i just use it with out the desk lamp. Lastly how do i talk to about repairs for this?

www.dropbox.com/s/d1egdin2vuz6v1a/hogwing.JPG
Parents
  • Hi Tim, unfortunately without seeing the wing no one can tell for sure if the wing is going to work as is. If smoke came out it is likely something on the PCB has failed/blown such as a capacitor for example. If you see any burned areas on the PCB, it is more than likely not going to work properly. If you would like to send the wing to High End for repair you can complete and submit the online Return Auth Form at the link below.
    www.highend.com/support/parts/
  • Hi Tim, unfortunately without seeing the wing no one can tell for sure if the wing is going to work as is. If smoke came out it is likely something on the PCB has failed/blown such as a capacitor for example. If you see any burned areas on the PCB, it is more than likely not going to work properly. If you would like to send the wing to High End for repair you can complete and submit the online Return Auth Form at the link below.
    www.highend.com/support/parts/
Children
No Data