Bug---Effects Engine

My Hog4pc crashes when I choose a canned effect and try to manually edit it in the effects engine. Does not crash when I start from scratch in my effects engine. This has been consistent with both releases of software v1.

Anyone else run into this?
Parents
  • Hi again---
    I have further isolated the cause of this issue. If I start h4 with no touch (USB disconnected) and plug USB cables in after I open my show, they will respond correctly. If they are set up when I open h4, then the software crashes without fail as soon as I try to change the path on effect. My guess is this is a trifecta conflicts between windows, my touchscreens (i want to say dell 2220 without having it nearby), and h4--guessing changing path starts a new process that windows is struggling with....did a show with my workaround this weekend, and I was able to use Both touchscreens without trouble--i did find things to get really slow at one point (20-30 second delay on a command/trigger)---and then I lost complete show control (h4 didn't crash, but froze)--thought maybe someone hit my line to opto splitter, so I changed dmx cables (u1 on a new super widget) and had same issue---had to repatch entire show to U2 to get things working again--more on that when I have time to do a full test.
  • Hi again---
    I have further isolated the cause of this issue. If I start h4 with no touch (USB disconnected) and plug USB cables in after I open my show, they will respond correctly. If they are set up when I open h4, then the software crashes without fail as soon as I try to change the path on effect. My guess is this is a trifecta conflicts between windows, my touchscreens (i want to say dell 2220 without having it nearby), and h4--guessing changing path starts a new process that windows is struggling with....did a show with my workaround this weekend, and I was able to use Both touchscreens without trouble--i did find things to get really slow at one point (20-30 second delay on a command/trigger)---and then I lost complete show control (h4 didn't crash, but froze)--thought maybe someone hit my line to opto splitter, so I changed dmx cables (u1 on a new super widget) and had same issue---had to repatch entire show to U2 to get things working again--more on that when I have time to do a full test.
Children
No Data