Executors via Midi

I'm just thinking about a solution to fake some executor buttons...

Is it possible to connect this midi-controller -> www.amazon.de/Novation-LAUNCHPAD-Launchpad/dp/B002TX7B4E/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1357394683&sr=8-20

for using it as a executor button wing???

if yes, how do i have to set up the console to work with?

Cheers Stefan
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Andrew Loftus;64623]Stefan,
    That will work IF you are using HPC. I use a launchpad as a "poor man's programming wing." My understanding is that the launch pad requires software to tell which buttons to execute which notes. On an actual console, there is no way of doing so.

On a real console you have to do it the way Michael Mayler explained. A bit more intensive setup, but still possible.
    I dont know if the Novation Launchpad is capable of sending OSC commands, if so you might send OSC commands for the corresponding Flash, Go, Pause etc...

EDIT:

Just checked the Launchpad Tutorials, it only can do MIDI, so no OSC.
    There are Mapping Tools avialable, but you need to check if this will work in a HOGPC-Situation.
    With TouchOSC you can build your own set and use it with an iPad
  • [QUOTE=Andrew Loftus;64623]Stefan,
    That will work IF you are using HPC. I use a launchpad as a "poor man's programming wing." My understanding is that the launch pad requires software to tell which buttons to execute which notes. On an actual console, there is no way of doing so.

On a real console you have to do it the way Michael Mayler explained. A bit more intensive setup, but still possible.
    I dont know if the Novation Launchpad is capable of sending OSC commands, if so you might send OSC commands for the corresponding Flash, Go, Pause etc...

EDIT:

Just checked the Launchpad Tutorials, it only can do MIDI, so no OSC.
    There are Mapping Tools avialable, but you need to check if this will work in a HOGPC-Situation.
    With TouchOSC you can build your own set and use it with an iPad
Children
No Data