[?] b304 Network Incompatible w/b321

Laptop/tablet with b321 can't find H4PC server running b304. After backdating laptop to b304 connection is possible.

I'm sure this isn't a bug, but can someone confirm that b304 and b321 is indeed not network compatible?

I'm asking, since next week I am planning on networking a FB4 with b321 to the PC server running b304.

If its not compatible, then what other option do I have other than backdating the FB4?

JB
Parents
  • I want to update to b321, but after my own hunch and taking other peoples advice, I understand that updating to a different revision in the middle of a show is not the best idea. I am not a big fan of possibly having to reprogram the entire show if I don't need to.

The PC I am running this show on is a complete desk. It's got 3 wings, a dedicated tower, two net cards, three 19" touchscreens, blah blah blah... So it's a real good system. It's just a pita to move. So it works well on TV shows where you don't have to move the desk around. Plus, it's the first H4 system I have ran and when I decided to run H4 on the show, I didn't have anything that would upgrade to H4 except my H3PC. The FB4 thats gonna be running as a client, is currently in transit from HES (My first H4 Desk Purchase) and it was confirmed that it's shipping with b321.

So in short... The only option I had to run this show on H4 was my H3PC system with the H4 software.

JB
  • I want to update to b321, but after my own hunch and taking other peoples advice, I understand that updating to a different revision in the middle of a show is not the best idea. I am not a big fan of possibly having to reprogram the entire show if I don't need to.

The PC I am running this show on is a complete desk. It's got 3 wings, a dedicated tower, two net cards, three 19" touchscreens, blah blah blah... So it's a real good system. It's just a pita to move. So it works well on TV shows where you don't have to move the desk around. Plus, it's the first H4 system I have ran and when I decided to run H4 on the show, I didn't have anything that would upgrade to H4 except my H3PC. The FB4 thats gonna be running as a client, is currently in transit from HES (My first H4 Desk Purchase) and it was confirmed that it's shipping with b321.

So in short... The only option I had to run this show on H4 was my H3PC system with the H4 software.

JB
Children
No Data