[?] b304 Network Incompatible w/b321

Laptop/tablet with b321 can't find H4PC server running b304. After backdating laptop to b304 connection is possible.

I'm sure this isn't a bug, but can someone confirm that b304 and b321 is indeed not network compatible?

I'm asking, since next week I am planning on networking a FB4 with b321 to the PC server running b304.

If its not compatible, then what other option do I have other than backdating the FB4?

JB
Parents
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;64657]I understand that...
    But there are no real big changes in 321... So you can upgrade without any worries...
    And I would really recommend to do so.

You can run the Fullboar also with server, which might give you also a backup if the server on the PC fails....

Ok, will take your advice and when the FB4 arrives, I can test the stability of the b304 built show on the FB4 with b321, then if all seems good, I will update the PC.

The PC is rock solid honestly and it suits the format of the show perfectly, plus, I'm not gonna get any extra rental from the company by putting another desk on the show. The FB4 is gonna come on the show temporarily on a week by week basis to run swing sets where we will be doing music performances, which justifies another desk rental and then the FB4 will be available for other jobs when we aren't shooting on the swing sets.

Thanks Marc, I appreciate your input. It's well taken.

JB
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;64657]I understand that...
    But there are no real big changes in 321... So you can upgrade without any worries...
    And I would really recommend to do so.

You can run the Fullboar also with server, which might give you also a backup if the server on the PC fails....

Ok, will take your advice and when the FB4 arrives, I can test the stability of the b304 built show on the FB4 with b321, then if all seems good, I will update the PC.

The PC is rock solid honestly and it suits the format of the show perfectly, plus, I'm not gonna get any extra rental from the company by putting another desk on the show. The FB4 is gonna come on the show temporarily on a week by week basis to run swing sets where we will be doing music performances, which justifies another desk rental and then the FB4 will be available for other jobs when we aren't shooting on the swing sets.

Thanks Marc, I appreciate your input. It's well taken.

JB
Children
No Data