nano drivers help

HELP I'm trying to find the drivers for my nano. I'm running windows 8, is that the problem ?
Parents
  • I know there is a bug, I created it. Not purposefully, but one from changing the Nano wing from a single USB device to a composite USB device. This causes earlier versions of driver installers not agree to the interfaces found on newer firmware.

Here is an alternate method to move from v1.0.1 to v1.1.1. Don't do this unless you have time to work through or downgrade again, I am not in the lab to double-check the procedure, but it should work.

1. Do the upgrade to 1.1.1 with nano powered off.
    2. Reboot with nano off.
    3. After restarting PC, open Device Manager to confirm no HES widgets.
    4. Hold top-leftmost three buttons (Next Page, Choose 1, Choose 2) on Nano Wing for 3 seconds while powering up Nano Wing. This forces firmware upload before Windows sees any other device and brings firmware up to current version matching installed version. Nano Wing should be listed as a Unloaded Widget for a bit then it should reset and become a Nano Wing again.
    5. This should then get the association correct between new firmware and drivers. Device Manager should now have the Nano Listed as a Highend Widget.

Donald
  • I know there is a bug, I created it. Not purposefully, but one from changing the Nano wing from a single USB device to a composite USB device. This causes earlier versions of driver installers not agree to the interfaces found on newer firmware.

Here is an alternate method to move from v1.0.1 to v1.1.1. Don't do this unless you have time to work through or downgrade again, I am not in the lab to double-check the procedure, but it should work.

1. Do the upgrade to 1.1.1 with nano powered off.
    2. Reboot with nano off.
    3. After restarting PC, open Device Manager to confirm no HES widgets.
    4. Hold top-leftmost three buttons (Next Page, Choose 1, Choose 2) on Nano Wing for 3 seconds while powering up Nano Wing. This forces firmware upload before Windows sees any other device and brings firmware up to current version matching installed version. Nano Wing should be listed as a Unloaded Widget for a bit then it should reset and become a Nano Wing again.
    5. This should then get the association correct between new firmware and drivers. Device Manager should now have the Nano Listed as a Highend Widget.

Donald
Children
No Data