Remote focus or control of hog PC?

Any apps for android that work good? Running WIN 7
Parents
  • I guess I am either lazy or technically challenged when it comes to having to figure out or self develop a way to remotely control my Hog PC system.
    I find it quite ironic that High End has dodged the MAC OS for Hog PC, but makes an app for Iphone and Ipad to remotely control it. Go figure that one.
    I need an app for my Samsung phone or perhaps some sort of tablet.
    If the OS was already MAC, it would make perfect sense to go out and get an Ipad and then they would just network without any special apps.
    Since I am forced to continue to hold on to PC based OS just because of Hog, I am stuck. My Mac has Win 7 bootcamped. I also have a stand alone Win 7 machine for my Hog PC to send out on big shows.
    I don't speak the Lingo here. OSC? RDU? WTF????
    Just like asking for a decent software to use for fixture builder as the HOG one blows chunks!!!
    I am happy to pay for a good remote focus device for my Hog PC with the software or app to allow me to use it. I know I can take a laptop up on stage and lug it around, but that is way too cumbersome to do. A remote should be just that. A remote that is small, portable and easy to handle and work with while on the stage.
    I go to links that people send me to to read this and that. It might as well be me trying to read Portuguese.
    I like the idea of a lighting company that makes the OS, also make a remote.
    I like the idea of going to a website and paying for a remote and it showing up at my door in a few days and I am done. Or an app. Downloading it and it work and I am done.
    How hard would that be? I guess I am dreaming here.
    If anyone that reads this has a legitimate link to what I am wanting, feel free to post it.
    Thanks
  • I guess I am either lazy or technically challenged when it comes to having to figure out or self develop a way to remotely control my Hog PC system.
    I find it quite ironic that High End has dodged the MAC OS for Hog PC, but makes an app for Iphone and Ipad to remotely control it. Go figure that one.
    I need an app for my Samsung phone or perhaps some sort of tablet.
    If the OS was already MAC, it would make perfect sense to go out and get an Ipad and then they would just network without any special apps.
    Since I am forced to continue to hold on to PC based OS just because of Hog, I am stuck. My Mac has Win 7 bootcamped. I also have a stand alone Win 7 machine for my Hog PC to send out on big shows.
    I don't speak the Lingo here. OSC? RDU? WTF????
    Just like asking for a decent software to use for fixture builder as the HOG one blows chunks!!!
    I am happy to pay for a good remote focus device for my Hog PC with the software or app to allow me to use it. I know I can take a laptop up on stage and lug it around, but that is way too cumbersome to do. A remote should be just that. A remote that is small, portable and easy to handle and work with while on the stage.
    I go to links that people send me to to read this and that. It might as well be me trying to read Portuguese.
    I like the idea of a lighting company that makes the OS, also make a remote.
    I like the idea of going to a website and paying for a remote and it showing up at my door in a few days and I am done. Or an app. Downloading it and it work and I am done.
    How hard would that be? I guess I am dreaming here.
    If anyone that reads this has a legitimate link to what I am wanting, feel free to post it.
    Thanks
Children
No Data