Remote focus or control of hog PC?

Any apps for android that work good? Running WIN 7
Parents
  • [QUOTE=JeffM;65570]
    So how is that not possible to use as a remote focus unit if I can type the channel number key and hit highlight then next, next, next and so on?
    I either am misunderstanding or I am understanding quite well and you did just contradict yourself.

The OSC app gives no feedback on what you entered. This means no visibility into the command line and no ability to display the palette directories. It is not possible to see mistakes, typos, or entries appearing in the incorrect group directories.

This is why the OSC app is not a true remote focus unit - because you cannot see what you are entering nor can you display programming information already entered. I am discounting perfect typing and error free input because it doesn't happen, especially on a touchscreen. I also have to discount a perfect memory of directory items entered, because if that existed we would never have to display them on the console either.

I don't mean to turn you off on OSC, I'm just trying to make sure your expectations aren't too high. I would suggest borrowing a friend's iPad, spending the 5 bucks on the TouchOSC app, and experimenting to see if it truly meets your needs.:outtahere:
  • [QUOTE=JeffM;65570]
    So how is that not possible to use as a remote focus unit if I can type the channel number key and hit highlight then next, next, next and so on?
    I either am misunderstanding or I am understanding quite well and you did just contradict yourself.

The OSC app gives no feedback on what you entered. This means no visibility into the command line and no ability to display the palette directories. It is not possible to see mistakes, typos, or entries appearing in the incorrect group directories.

This is why the OSC app is not a true remote focus unit - because you cannot see what you are entering nor can you display programming information already entered. I am discounting perfect typing and error free input because it doesn't happen, especially on a touchscreen. I also have to discount a perfect memory of directory items entered, because if that existed we would never have to display them on the console either.

I don't mean to turn you off on OSC, I'm just trying to make sure your expectations aren't too high. I would suggest borrowing a friend's iPad, spending the 5 bucks on the TouchOSC app, and experimenting to see if it truly meets your needs.:outtahere:
Children
No Data