Remote focus or control of hog PC?

Any apps for android that work good? Running WIN 7
  • [QUOTE=JeffM;65570]
    So how is that not possible to use as a remote focus unit if I can type the channel number key and hit highlight then next, next, next and so on?
    I either am misunderstanding or I am understanding quite well and you did just contradict yourself.

The OSC app gives no feedback on what you entered. This means no visibility into the command line and no ability to display the palette directories. It is not possible to see mistakes, typos, or entries appearing in the incorrect group directories.

This is why the OSC app is not a true remote focus unit - because you cannot see what you are entering nor can you display programming information already entered. I am discounting perfect typing and error free input because it doesn't happen, especially on a touchscreen. I also have to discount a perfect memory of directory items entered, because if that existed we would never have to display them on the console either.

I don't mean to turn you off on OSC, I'm just trying to make sure your expectations aren't too high. I would suggest borrowing a friend's iPad, spending the 5 bucks on the TouchOSC app, and experimenting to see if it truly meets your needs.:outtahere:
  • Currently I find it fine, you need to understand that there is no feedback from the app. For walking around to check lights or use on stage during a conventional lighting focus its a more than handy application. Also for running cues and not being at the console is also useful perhaps to see a result of a look somewhere else in the house. I have in the past had to be on stage and someone else run a cue while I stand with an actor on stage to sort out a timing problem, so I can be happy I have this to help out with.

As there is no feedback then the big problem is doing moving light focus while your on stage. You will have no idea if you did manage to "Record Merge Position 20" or update a scroller to colour 18. In this case and so far I have not made a mistake, taking it slow and carefully is doing it for me.

A dedicated app is needed and I think what OSC allows you to do is fine, as in programmer and playback options, just needs to give some feedback, offer palette views and its a winner.
  • Over 6 years ago the iPhone was released, yet we still don't have a native remote focus application.

Does anyone have any iPhone Developer contacts that they could send through to Barco? I am hoping that they can take the smallest percentage of the money I have spent with them buying 5 consoles (including 2 x Full Boar 4's in the last month) and just have the thing externally developed once and for all. If banks, airlines and governments can provide external development teams API access into their applications for an iPhone app to be developed, I am sure this is possible for a lighting desk!!!

Andrei
  • I use a view sonic tablet ( cheap as chips) running hog PC as a second desk on network
    It works great for rfu with full feedback !!! There are a few issues using hog PC on tablet but on the whole levels and pos are easy !
  • Ok , just purchased a H4 where can I find the Iphone app and would someone give me a little bit of a description on getting the console wireless please .

R
  • Any windows tablet can log on to show as a second desk with full feedback !! On a iPad you can use osc commands but no feed back !! There are osc bits on this forum !! I use my windows tablets and have had very few probs !!
  • [QUOTE=shandy666;67057]Any windows tablet can log on to show as a second desk with full feedback !! On a iPad you can use osc commands but no feed back !! There are osc bits on this forum !! I use my windows tablets and have had very few probs !!

you get feedback on osc but not the command line or so
    but all LED states are shown
  • [QUOTE=nibor;67053]Ok , just purchased a H4 where can I find the Iphone app and would someone give me a little bit of a description on getting the console wireless please .

R

Sure - you just need to plug the console into a wireless router. Then open up WIFI settings on your iPhone and attach to that router.:cool:
  • I have never had any issues running my hog 4 with my phone or tablet using my touch osc template. My encoders work perfectly, my faders work perfectly and always see my feedback. Infact I've used my tablet to op one room while physically oping another room at the same time because it works so flawlessly.