wholehog 3 to road hog 4

I have a wholehog 3 with DP2k at the moment and I'm considering "upgrading"
to a road hog 4, would you consider this an upgrade though?
seems to me the roadhog 4 would be more powerful and have all the features of the 3 minus a few like Midi in and out,trackball and soft keys and a few minor things like that.
am i missing something important... would love a wholehog/fullboar but can't justify the expense right now, later i would upgrade to fullboar..

cheers :hogsign:
Parents
  • As I said for me the angle is okay, I would sit a little higher at a gig than my work desk, possibly the only issue with the angle is if you are say in a warehouse with overhead work lights then there is a chance of refections.

I hear pixel mapping is coming, yep you can use a mouse to point with. I am using OSC on an iPad, true no feedback, but not caused any problems yet, but I have also use my laptop as a remote via networking the system, but prefer to walk around with a iPad to do focus.

I have made a few fixtures now, the system is complex, so that in turn requires the fixture builder to be complex, I am using it to get out of jail with when I turn up and find something odd to use, it gets the light working, its harder than writing a Hog 2 text file :Eyecrazy:
  • As I said for me the angle is okay, I would sit a little higher at a gig than my work desk, possibly the only issue with the angle is if you are say in a warehouse with overhead work lights then there is a chance of refections.

I hear pixel mapping is coming, yep you can use a mouse to point with. I am using OSC on an iPad, true no feedback, but not caused any problems yet, but I have also use my laptop as a remote via networking the system, but prefer to walk around with a iPad to do focus.

I have made a few fixtures now, the system is complex, so that in turn requires the fixture builder to be complex, I am using it to get out of jail with when I turn up and find something odd to use, it gets the light working, its harder than writing a Hog 2 text file :Eyecrazy:
Children
No Data