DMX Output Frequency

Was Teching my FB4's internal DP and four dmx ports before taking it out on a job and noticed that even though the H4 software allows for you to increase DMX Refresh Rate to an upward number of 44hz, that the maximum actual DMX RR is limited to 29hz.

Is this by design?

Are we limited to 29hz on all internal DP's?

Are all of the External DP's limited to the same RR?

Can we get 44hz out of artnet and a 3rd party node?

Don't have a node or an external DP to test as I'm at home right now..

Would appreciate a reply from HES.

JB
Parents
  • Hi Jeff,

I will need to double check this but I am pretty sure you are running up against a limitation of the built-in hardware widgets.

You will see that when using a Hog 4, FB4, RH4, or DP8000 that the art-net output goes all the way up to 44hz.

The physical dmx outputs on the built-in 4 port widgets (RH and FB) only go up to 29h and the physical dmx outputs on built-in 8 port widget (DP8000 and Hog 4) only go up to around 37hz.

It is possible that these physical limitations are not actually limitations of the nuts and bolts of the widgets but actually just limitations written in the widget firmware.

I will need to investigate further, but as you pointed out if you have art-net hardware that can convert and output physical dmx at a refresh of 44hz then that should work for all Hog 4 family products.
  • Hi Jeff,

I will need to double check this but I am pretty sure you are running up against a limitation of the built-in hardware widgets.

You will see that when using a Hog 4, FB4, RH4, or DP8000 that the art-net output goes all the way up to 44hz.

The physical dmx outputs on the built-in 4 port widgets (RH and FB) only go up to 29h and the physical dmx outputs on built-in 8 port widget (DP8000 and Hog 4) only go up to around 37hz.

It is possible that these physical limitations are not actually limitations of the nuts and bolts of the widgets but actually just limitations written in the widget firmware.

I will need to investigate further, but as you pointed out if you have art-net hardware that can convert and output physical dmx at a refresh of 44hz then that should work for all Hog 4 family products.
Children
No Data