DMX Output Frequency

Was Teching my FB4's internal DP and four dmx ports before taking it out on a job and noticed that even though the H4 software allows for you to increase DMX Refresh Rate to an upward number of 44hz, that the maximum actual DMX RR is limited to 29hz.

Is this by design?

Are we limited to 29hz on all internal DP's?

Are all of the External DP's limited to the same RR?

Can we get 44hz out of artnet and a 3rd party node?

Don't have a node or an external DP to test as I'm at home right now..

Would appreciate a reply from HES.

JB
Parents
  • Great!!!

Thanks for researching this. I just got off the phone with a friend that just tested some other consoles and he found that the nodes were able to output 44hz when the built in raw dmx ports were limited to much slower refresh rates. I hope this is infact the case if using a DP8000, and or sACN/Artnet to node as this might present a solution.

I am chained to the desk right now, so I don't have the time to check a node or even the raw dmx out of a DP8000. If you get a chance, could ya let me know if you find out that the external DMX network devices (DP's/Nodes) in the H4 line can output 44hz, or in a perfect situation a higher refresh rate with less channels on a line?

Thanks Chris

Appreciate the support.

JB

Edit... PS ... If it is possible, for a future firmware update, would you guys consider bringing the widgets up to current DMX512-A standards?

2nd Edit.... I tested the single and 4 x external widgets and they are also limited to 29hz, but I believe that makes sense, since the guts are the same whether internal or external widget, correct?
  • Great!!!

Thanks for researching this. I just got off the phone with a friend that just tested some other consoles and he found that the nodes were able to output 44hz when the built in raw dmx ports were limited to much slower refresh rates. I hope this is infact the case if using a DP8000, and or sACN/Artnet to node as this might present a solution.

I am chained to the desk right now, so I don't have the time to check a node or even the raw dmx out of a DP8000. If you get a chance, could ya let me know if you find out that the external DMX network devices (DP's/Nodes) in the H4 line can output 44hz, or in a perfect situation a higher refresh rate with less channels on a line?

Thanks Chris

Appreciate the support.

JB

Edit... PS ... If it is possible, for a future firmware update, would you guys consider bringing the widgets up to current DMX512-A standards?

2nd Edit.... I tested the single and 4 x external widgets and they are also limited to 29hz, but I believe that makes sense, since the guts are the same whether internal or external widget, correct?
Children
No Data