Roadhog4 Timecode - how to?

Hi Guys
next day...next challenges :)

So i have an LTC Widget and downloaded a smpte-wav.file

www.felusch.com/blog/?tag=download-ltc-timecode-25fps-wav-file

1. in SETUP-NETWORK-TIMECODE Widgets my widget 1990 is selected.
when i hit the beacon tile than nothing happens to the widget.
When i hit the beacon tile in SETUP-CONTROL PANEL-SYSTEM INFO-TIMECODE WIDGET 1990 then i see the LEDs flashing on the widget.
Whats wrong with that?

2. I can't see any timecode-input while the smpte-file is playing out of a PC
How does it work?

thank you Guys
regards
Jayjay

edit on Nr2: i have to increase the volume then i see timecode coming in.
Parents
  • Thats always the thing about timecode....
    Dropouts mean jumps.... Regenerate will help a bit... So you have to check if this should be set to 0 or 5 or 10 frames... Depending on your personal needs.
    Regenerate does what it sounds like:
    TC stops/drops, Console regenerates it for the set time

The best way to arrive at appropriate working level settings is usually trial-and-error. Most stuff will work well with the stripe recorded as low as 10 dB below reference level. Audio tracks with noise reduction may work better with stripes recorded as high as just 3 dB below reference level.
    Louder must not be better. LTC is always a bit trail and error like said
  • Thats always the thing about timecode....
    Dropouts mean jumps.... Regenerate will help a bit... So you have to check if this should be set to 0 or 5 or 10 frames... Depending on your personal needs.
    Regenerate does what it sounds like:
    TC stops/drops, Console regenerates it for the set time

The best way to arrive at appropriate working level settings is usually trial-and-error. Most stuff will work well with the stripe recorded as low as 10 dB below reference level. Audio tracks with noise reduction may work better with stripes recorded as high as just 3 dB below reference level.
    Louder must not be better. LTC is always a bit trail and error like said
Children
No Data