Middle of the Road Visualization

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a visualization software to use with my Road Hog 3 console. I need it for shows that have up to 2 universes. I'm not sure if there is a middle of the road software that will get me what I need. I'd like to spend less than $2,000 if that's possible. Can you give me some recommendations and feedback?

Thanks,
Mark
Parents
  • If you are on a regular Road Hog 3 (as opposed to a Full Boar 3), you will also have to invest in DMX input hardware for your visualizer PC.This is due to the lack of networking functions on the Road Hog 3.

In other words you will not be able to hook a visualizer up directly to the desk, you will need to have an extra bit of hardware to take the DMX signal from the desk into the computer (and you will have to choose between having the visualizer and having the actual lighting rig if you use more than 2 Universes of DMX).

Sorry if this is not the answer you wanted, but knowing this sooner rather than later is probably best.

Hope this helps. :)
  • If you are on a regular Road Hog 3 (as opposed to a Full Boar 3), you will also have to invest in DMX input hardware for your visualizer PC.This is due to the lack of networking functions on the Road Hog 3.

In other words you will not be able to hook a visualizer up directly to the desk, you will need to have an extra bit of hardware to take the DMX signal from the desk into the computer (and you will have to choose between having the visualizer and having the actual lighting rig if you use more than 2 Universes of DMX).

Sorry if this is not the answer you wanted, but knowing this sooner rather than later is probably best.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data