BUG?! Remember Fader values always active

Hey there,

no matter which option I choose in the preferences, it seems that "Remember fader values" is always active in v.1.1.3 b352

I tried on a Roadhog, as well as on my Nano.

Loaded the show in H3, it works like expected.
  • but please explain me, what the idea of setting faders to full when page changing after login is.

I really don't get it!
  • Jay Jay, it's actually all the same behavior we are talking about here. When you log onto a show the virtual intensity of all the lists and scenes in the show is default to 100% as there are no user establish values. This has not changed at all from Hog 3 to Hog 4 except in regards to the lists and scenes already assigned to physical faders on the current page which Hog 4 currently uses the 100% value (which is harmless for released playbacks but not really for HTPs and such) as opposed to the physical front panel fader level. Rest assured that with the changes I just mentioned for v1.2.0 you will see that the physical fader levels of your console's front panel will be honored at login.
  • From a Road Hog 4 user.

I have just spent a couple days wondering why the desk was making its own mind up about changing pages and what happens when I do that. I seem to have to push all the faders up to gain control again. What i want is an option to turn that off, its no use to me at all, the level of the fader were it currently sits is the level of whatever is on that fader.

I need the fader to make adjustment not a FM macro, my example is the band make a bad start, break the set list, I need to fade out, re page and fade in. Currently I am going to be a bit busy pushing 10 faders to the top and back down again to regain control. As an option on a motor fader desk i would not use such an option much, I like to have control, not the desk.

I would love an option that wherever the fader currently sits has control, I would take that option right now, I need this very much.
  • Andy, this is exactly what Chris is saying here.

[QUOTE=c_muenchow;66775]Jay Jay, it's actually all the same behavior we are talking about here. When you log onto a show the virtual intensity of all the lists and scenes in the show is default to 100% as there are no user establish values. This has not changed at all from Hog 3 to Hog 4 except in regards to the lists and scenes already assigned to physical faders on the current page which Hog 4 currently uses the 100% value (which is harmless for released playbacks but not really for HTPs and such) as opposed to the physical front panel fader level. Rest assured that with the changes I just mentioned for v1.2.0 you will see that the physical fader levels of your console's front panel will be honored at login.

So 1.2.0 is not far away...
  • Andy, in that case it sounds like you will be happy with the changes we are making in v1.2.0.