command keys question

hey there,
i`m playing around with the command keys for the first time and have one question.

can i flash cuelists (via command keys) that are not assigned to faders?

for example:
-create a HTP cuelist which has a group of fixtures at full.
-create a command key for that list
-put the command key action to flash
so far everything fine...
-remove the cuelist from the fader ( keep it in the list directory )
-flash is not working any more...

wouldn`t that be a great way to " save " faders ?!

any ideas? workarounds? or am i missing something here?

thanx-dennis
Parents
  • You are not required to have a cuelist on a physical master to flash that cuelist through a command key but keep in mind if the list is not in playback then flashing it is not going to do anything. If you have lists hanging out in the list directory and you want to flash them with a command key then set the flash options for that cuelist to "go on flash" and "release on off". Then set your fade and release times appropriately. This will ensure the list is flashed and released regardless of its playback state.
  • You are not required to have a cuelist on a physical master to flash that cuelist through a command key but keep in mind if the list is not in playback then flashing it is not going to do anything. If you have lists hanging out in the list directory and you want to flash them with a command key then set the flash options for that cuelist to "go on flash" and "release on off". Then set your fade and release times appropriately. This will ensure the list is flashed and released regardless of its playback state.
Children
No Data