Colour RGB Under intensity?

For the life of me i cant not thing of a good reason to have RGB information under an intensity kind.

Wouldnt it be better to be in the Colour kind with a default of 100%?
Parents
  • Hey Tim,

The H4 has the profile for the Robin DLS in mode 1 @ 47ch and mode 2 at 38 ch. I have never worked with that actual light before, but it appears as the profiles are correct and only seem to be set up with CMY mixing. I did not see any IRGB parameters. Mode 1 @ 47 ch's does not have the mode parameter (Which it should) to remotely choose between CMY or RGB mode on the light, where the profile for mode 2 does. If you use Mode1 your gonna need to set the light up to run in CMY mode from the flowchart on the display.

In a nutshell, it looks like the profiles in the H4 are set up to use CMY color mixing which gives you Hue and Sat. So you shouldn't have to worry, nor will you have the ability to access the raw RGB values.

Have you tried the two profiles yet?

Robin DLS Profile Manual
    Robin DLS Profile DMX Chart

JB
  • Hey Tim,

The H4 has the profile for the Robin DLS in mode 1 @ 47ch and mode 2 at 38 ch. I have never worked with that actual light before, but it appears as the profiles are correct and only seem to be set up with CMY mixing. I did not see any IRGB parameters. Mode 1 @ 47 ch's does not have the mode parameter (Which it should) to remotely choose between CMY or RGB mode on the light, where the profile for mode 2 does. If you use Mode1 your gonna need to set the light up to run in CMY mode from the flowchart on the display.

In a nutshell, it looks like the profiles in the H4 are set up to use CMY color mixing which gives you Hue and Sat. So you shouldn't have to worry, nor will you have the ability to access the raw RGB values.

Have you tried the two profiles yet?

Robin DLS Profile Manual
    Robin DLS Profile DMX Chart

JB
Children
No Data