Nano Desk Light Mod?

I don't know exactly where I should ask this, or if it's even appropriate, but is it possible to use (or make) a more customized desk light for the Nano? The screen that I use gets in the way of the 3pin on the back of the nano, so the gooseneck is very limited to where it can be positioned. I'm considering trying out a modified led strip along the bottom of the screen to light the board top-down but (hopefully) plugged into and controlled by the board still.

Now, I'm having a hard time believe that it's going to be as easy as it sounds, so I was curious if anyone had any input before I try it out. I'm assuming that there is already an obvious internal dimming mechanism for the stock desk light, so I don't know exactly what would prevent me from creating a more personalized solution for my setup.
Parents
  • Right. I suppose I should elaborate. I'm using a 26" elo that's as wide as the nano itself. So the positioning I'm forced to use keeps the desk light wrapped around the left side of the monitor. I know the rhfb(3) that I use comes with a littlite gooseneck that has a removable end, which appears to allow for another led (small strip?) to potentially be plugged in. I CAN use a gooseneck but with only one on the nano I'm always looking for a better way to find coverage for the right side of the board. I just wanted to check in before experimenting and possibly messing something up out of absent mindedness. From what I've been finding out, if I stay consistent with the stock littlite specs (12v) I might be fine.
  • Right. I suppose I should elaborate. I'm using a 26" elo that's as wide as the nano itself. So the positioning I'm forced to use keeps the desk light wrapped around the left side of the monitor. I know the rhfb(3) that I use comes with a littlite gooseneck that has a removable end, which appears to allow for another led (small strip?) to potentially be plugged in. I CAN use a gooseneck but with only one on the nano I'm always looking for a better way to find coverage for the right side of the board. I just wanted to check in before experimenting and possibly messing something up out of absent mindedness. From what I've been finding out, if I stay consistent with the stock littlite specs (12v) I might be fine.
Children
No Data