Default vs Offset

Hey Guys
I'm wondering when you use default and offset and why.

Szenario:

On a tour i start programming with the hung fixtures at pan=90deg.

Next gig for the same fixture i need to adjust the 'home' position 3degrees.

I could use 'default' for pan 93deg or offset 3deg.

Is there any difference?

Thanks
Jay
Parents
  • Jeff, you assume correctly.

Classic example of use of offset is when your crew hang all your fixtures 90 degrees out from how you specified on your paperwork!! Just subtract or add 90 degrees offset and all your preprogramming will be correct. Fortunately with fixtures panning 500 degrees or more it's rarely an issue applying such an offset and you shouldn't run into your end stops!

This happened to me just recently when all my FOH fixtures got hung incorrectly. It's a very useful feature when there's no time to rehang everything.
  • Jeff, you assume correctly.

Classic example of use of offset is when your crew hang all your fixtures 90 degrees out from how you specified on your paperwork!! Just subtract or add 90 degrees offset and all your preprogramming will be correct. Fortunately with fixtures panning 500 degrees or more it's rarely an issue applying such an offset and you shouldn't run into your end stops!

This happened to me just recently when all my FOH fixtures got hung incorrectly. It's a very useful feature when there's no time to rehang everything.
Children
No Data