V2 disappointing....

Hi,
I'm extremely disappointed about this V2

Art-net merge: Your system is more an input selector (we chose art-net or hognet control) but not a real merger who should mix different types of signals with htp/ltp priorities.

A true Art-net merge would control a LED matrix system (for example) with a console + media server at the same time ....

New effect generator :
1st,"begin" and "end" value are only real values ​​, why not be able to use presets ?
Anyway it would be much simpler to choose a "begin preset" and a "end preset" rather than seeking real value .....

2nd, it's impossible to apply a color (with color weel) or gobo in "begin" or "end" cell.....

With this release, how can we say that this console is better than its concurrent?

I sincerely hope that this will change as I confess that I do not feel the console more powerfull in V2 that V1.
For the moment, the soft hog 4 brings no "real" major changes compared to Fullboar3 v3.2.6 (except the command keys and hardware performance ... )
Parents
  • Hi Digne,

I am very sorry that you are so disappointed. We have worked very hard to release software with feature set surrounding more than the two items you have highlighted above .

The main goal of this release was to target Media Integration, which is in itself a pretty major piece of development, however we have been able to add a number of other features such as timing palettes which have been requested for rather a long time now.

In direct relation to the issues highlighted above, as mentioned in another post, it is indeed a merge in as much as the user can select elements of a fixture to control through ArtNet while the remainder of the parameters of the fixture are controlled by the console.

With regards the FX engine, this is not a new FX engine but a substantial improvement, both explicit and implicit in the existing engine not only limited to the beginning and end functions.

I think it is important to understand that this release is not the final release for the product and we certainly acknowledge that there is more to be done (needless to say) and elements such as the ability to set beginning and end parameters from directory items is high on the list and in the pipeline.

However, I would have to disagree (rather strongly) with your assessment that V2 is no better than V1 or even than 3.2.6. On all sorts of levels, the current platform is far in advance of 3.2.6. We recently successfully finished a show with over 1600 moving heads (among a whole host of other fixtures) on a single showfile, being triggered through OSC with over 40 go messages being sent to the console at a single time constantly for hours and hours, without it missing a beat. Needless to say 3.2.6 would not have been capable of this, and neither is much of the competition.

Do feel free to contact me directly on chris_ferrante@highend.com with suggestions and wants. We are passionate about moving the product forward and certainly would be happy to hear, in detail, what other features you would like.

Cheers

Chris
  • Hi Digne,

I am very sorry that you are so disappointed. We have worked very hard to release software with feature set surrounding more than the two items you have highlighted above .

The main goal of this release was to target Media Integration, which is in itself a pretty major piece of development, however we have been able to add a number of other features such as timing palettes which have been requested for rather a long time now.

In direct relation to the issues highlighted above, as mentioned in another post, it is indeed a merge in as much as the user can select elements of a fixture to control through ArtNet while the remainder of the parameters of the fixture are controlled by the console.

With regards the FX engine, this is not a new FX engine but a substantial improvement, both explicit and implicit in the existing engine not only limited to the beginning and end functions.

I think it is important to understand that this release is not the final release for the product and we certainly acknowledge that there is more to be done (needless to say) and elements such as the ability to set beginning and end parameters from directory items is high on the list and in the pipeline.

However, I would have to disagree (rather strongly) with your assessment that V2 is no better than V1 or even than 3.2.6. On all sorts of levels, the current platform is far in advance of 3.2.6. We recently successfully finished a show with over 1600 moving heads (among a whole host of other fixtures) on a single showfile, being triggered through OSC with over 40 go messages being sent to the console at a single time constantly for hours and hours, without it missing a beat. Needless to say 3.2.6 would not have been capable of this, and neither is much of the competition.

Do feel free to contact me directly on chris_ferrante@highend.com with suggestions and wants. We are passionate about moving the product forward and certainly would be happy to hear, in detail, what other features you would like.

Cheers

Chris
Children
No Data