V2 disappointing....

Hi,
I'm extremely disappointed about this V2

Art-net merge: Your system is more an input selector (we chose art-net or hognet control) but not a real merger who should mix different types of signals with htp/ltp priorities.

A true Art-net merge would control a LED matrix system (for example) with a console + media server at the same time ....

New effect generator :
1st,"begin" and "end" value are only real values ​​, why not be able to use presets ?
Anyway it would be much simpler to choose a "begin preset" and a "end preset" rather than seeking real value .....

2nd, it's impossible to apply a color (with color weel) or gobo in "begin" or "end" cell.....

With this release, how can we say that this console is better than its concurrent?

I sincerely hope that this will change as I confess that I do not feel the console more powerfull in V2 that V1.
For the moment, the soft hog 4 brings no "real" major changes compared to Fullboar3 v3.2.6 (except the command keys and hardware performance ... )
Parents
  • Hi Digne,

Again i am sorry that you do not see the changes and improvements in the system since V1. We will certainly be improving and releasing more and more feature set, and we have again set ourselves very aggressive goals.

Your point about command keys is interesting. We put a lot of thought into how this was to function and to make it as intuitive as possible. However there are always going to be tradeoffs. I would welcome your thoughts on any improvements you feel we could make in this area, although the act of moving a directory item to the command keys is rather fast and is consistent with workflow.

I will look into the osc rate wheel question, however this is a differentiation element and is unlikely to change.

We are certainly happy that you love Hog and will continue to make improvements to the system as we move forward.

Cheers

Chris
  • Hi Digne,

Again i am sorry that you do not see the changes and improvements in the system since V1. We will certainly be improving and releasing more and more feature set, and we have again set ourselves very aggressive goals.

Your point about command keys is interesting. We put a lot of thought into how this was to function and to make it as intuitive as possible. However there are always going to be tradeoffs. I would welcome your thoughts on any improvements you feel we could make in this area, although the act of moving a directory item to the command keys is rather fast and is consistent with workflow.

I will look into the osc rate wheel question, however this is a differentiation element and is unlikely to change.

We are certainly happy that you love Hog and will continue to make improvements to the system as we move forward.

Cheers

Chris
Children
No Data