Backup, and LTC

I don't think the way that timecode currently is implemented works well in a backup system, but perhaps I am thinking about it incorrectly.

Equipment
Roadhog fullboar 4
PC running Hog 4 pc (With LTC Widget)
DP8000

The Roadhog, and Hog PC are both running a server, and are assigned to #1.

My problem is that, I can only assign 1 timecode source to the cuelist.

So, if my main console fails, timecode cues stop being played back, until I go into my backup, and change the timecode source to the widget plugged into the pc.

Is there a way to set this up to have it work better?

Thanks,
Josh
Parents
  • A single cable can kill a complete show:

Cat cable from FoH to stage, or a broken cat cable in the dimmer city which was on the first look ok but caused switches to go from 10mbit to 100mbit to Gbit bringing the whole network into troubles.
    Or what about the first run up into a large truss... Ok you have spare cable for shure up into the truss... but this needs to be connected into the first fixture of the line...

But for your setup, like you did:

Connect LTC widget to the HOG-PC and set this as LTC source #2
    Make a macro to change the lists LTC source to switch from source #1 to source #2
    This is done in a second.

In most all main-backup situations there is the "switching" moment.
  • A single cable can kill a complete show:

Cat cable from FoH to stage, or a broken cat cable in the dimmer city which was on the first look ok but caused switches to go from 10mbit to 100mbit to Gbit bringing the whole network into troubles.
    Or what about the first run up into a large truss... Ok you have spare cable for shure up into the truss... but this needs to be connected into the first fixture of the line...

But for your setup, like you did:

Connect LTC widget to the HOG-PC and set this as LTC source #2
    Make a macro to change the lists LTC source to switch from source #1 to source #2
    This is done in a second.

In most all main-backup situations there is the "switching" moment.
Children
No Data