Small issue, flash macro/command keys

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I wanted to try something out tonight and it seems to not work as easily as I had hoped.

I'm on a RH4 with 2.1.
I am right handed, so I use the command keys to have a Play, Pause, Skip Forward and Skip Backward macros on the command keys, all four of those work fine. I also have a bump scene on fader 9 for a few pages. Rather than using my left hand for bumps, I was hoping to make a macro exactly the same way I made the main playback macros, but i'm finding it won't work like a flash.

I copied my main playback macro, changed it to key press>console>fader 1/9>flash. it doesn't work in the macro directory or in the command keys. Am I missing something? I assumed that fader 1/9 flash would work the same as my actual fader 9 flash button does. I'm hoping to find time to try it on my nano tomorrow, but I wanted to point it out in case it was a bug or if I'm just doing it wrong.
Parents
  • No, I had already read that post. It seems his issue was that he didn't have the scene/list set for "go on flash". I have my scenes set to that, they just won't take via macro. As I had said before, my main playback macros work just fine. I use about 10 individual bumps and keep them all on fader 9 of each individual page. So, with playback macros on 4 command keys, plus global reset, I don't have enough open keys unless I want to make more than one "page" of them. I will report back in a few hours once I can try this on my H4PC.
    EDIT:
    Just got a chance to try it again. It's the duration time(set at 0sec). So, It seems that I can't make a generic flash button the same as a main playback button in command keys. If duration is set to 0sec then it won't take. But the way I see it is I want a flash button that will activate according to how long(sometimes 3sec) or short(120 bpm bumps) I hold my command key. If it's predetermined it completely defeats the purpose of making a "global" flash command. Not a huge deal breaker, but not really useful either.
  • No, I had already read that post. It seems his issue was that he didn't have the scene/list set for "go on flash". I have my scenes set to that, they just won't take via macro. As I had said before, my main playback macros work just fine. I use about 10 individual bumps and keep them all on fader 9 of each individual page. So, with playback macros on 4 command keys, plus global reset, I don't have enough open keys unless I want to make more than one "page" of them. I will report back in a few hours once I can try this on my H4PC.
    EDIT:
    Just got a chance to try it again. It's the duration time(set at 0sec). So, It seems that I can't make a generic flash button the same as a main playback button in command keys. If duration is set to 0sec then it won't take. But the way I see it is I want a flash button that will activate according to how long(sometimes 3sec) or short(120 bpm bumps) I hold my command key. If it's predetermined it completely defeats the purpose of making a "global" flash command. Not a huge deal breaker, but not really useful either.
Children
No Data