Small issue, flash macro/command keys

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I wanted to try something out tonight and it seems to not work as easily as I had hoped.

I'm on a RH4 with 2.1.
I am right handed, so I use the command keys to have a Play, Pause, Skip Forward and Skip Backward macros on the command keys, all four of those work fine. I also have a bump scene on fader 9 for a few pages. Rather than using my left hand for bumps, I was hoping to make a macro exactly the same way I made the main playback macros, but i'm finding it won't work like a flash.

I copied my main playback macro, changed it to key press>console>fader 1/9>flash. it doesn't work in the macro directory or in the command keys. Am I missing something? I assumed that fader 1/9 flash would work the same as my actual fader 9 flash button does. I'm hoping to find time to try it on my nano tomorrow, but I wanted to point it out in case it was a bug or if I'm just doing it wrong.
Parents
  • Is there any particular reason why not? I understand it's not a very traditional way of running cues, but I can assign play forward/backward to faders as macros, I'm not sure I understand why I can't assign a generic "fader 9 flash" without it requiring a pre programmed duration time. It seems the infrastructure is already in place mostly. Another fix for this(probably uncommon) problem would be more control of the function keys directory by saving/recalling command keys in views.
  • Is there any particular reason why not? I understand it's not a very traditional way of running cues, but I can assign play forward/backward to faders as macros, I'm not sure I understand why I can't assign a generic "fader 9 flash" without it requiring a pre programmed duration time. It seems the infrastructure is already in place mostly. Another fix for this(probably uncommon) problem would be more control of the function keys directory by saving/recalling command keys in views.
Children
No Data