Small issue, flash macro/command keys

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I wanted to try something out tonight and it seems to not work as easily as I had hoped.

I'm on a RH4 with 2.1.
I am right handed, so I use the command keys to have a Play, Pause, Skip Forward and Skip Backward macros on the command keys, all four of those work fine. I also have a bump scene on fader 9 for a few pages. Rather than using my left hand for bumps, I was hoping to make a macro exactly the same way I made the main playback macros, but i'm finding it won't work like a flash.

I copied my main playback macro, changed it to key press>console>fader 1/9>flash. it doesn't work in the macro directory or in the command keys. Am I missing something? I assumed that fader 1/9 flash would work the same as my actual fader 9 flash button does. I'm hoping to find time to try it on my nano tomorrow, but I wanted to point it out in case it was a bug or if I'm just doing it wrong.
Parents
  • Ok now I fully understand.
    You are not putting a list on the command key. You put key-stroke macros on the command key.
    The reason why it does not work is that you only start that macro and the the macro executes the steps you programmed including the duration time. There is no "physical" link between the keys you programm in your keystroke macro. It is like recording your button presses including all the timing. A flash button press with 0 sec duration is doing nothing.
    I hope you understand what I mean. When you hit the command key you only tell the console to press the buttons you recorded in the macro. The press of the command key is only the GO to execute the macro
  • Ok now I fully understand.
    You are not putting a list on the command key. You put key-stroke macros on the command key.
    The reason why it does not work is that you only start that macro and the the macro executes the steps you programmed including the duration time. There is no "physical" link between the keys you programm in your keystroke macro. It is like recording your button presses including all the timing. A flash button press with 0 sec duration is doing nothing.
    I hope you understand what I mean. When you hit the command key you only tell the console to press the buttons you recorded in the macro. The press of the command key is only the GO to execute the macro
Children
No Data