Smal Pixel mapping

is there in the next update a pixel mapping or what are the plans?
it will be useful even if you have only 20 sunstrips or led fixtures
the video you do with a media server but for those little things very handy:)
Parents
  • If I need to run movies or full video then at that point, I would use media servers. However I think that the ability to map a small movie (i.e. a flag waving) onto a set of LED fixtures would be great.

A Bitmap would be ideal. 100x100 or 320x320. Or 16x16. I think that any would be better than what we have currently.

I would use bitmaps for intensity chases, color chases, simple LED walls. Color effects and strobe effects.

I love the Hog. I have spent a lot of my hard earned money using them and buying them. I also have avoided the MA a lot, simply because I liked my hog. However, I cannot ignore that the MA and Chamsys can do some things that the Hog cannot.

I am seeing more and more designers request the MA. I think it is simply because it has some key features that the hog console is missing. When I talk to ops and other designers, they all love the hog, they simply lament the missing features. A number of them have told me that they moved over because of the lack of these features and support.

I just replaced my Hog 3 with a Fullboar 4. I debated on buying a full Hog 4. It was a tough decision, I loved the desk. I decided not to because I felt that software wise the Hog 4 was not a great deal. For what it cost it was lacking a number of key features that another desk has for the same price.

Pixel Mapping, is a necessity in todays lighting world. It makes LED programming simpler, it allows complex effects.

I kind of look at this as a Mac versus PC argument. (I am a mac guy BTW) I hear my friends who love Hog tout it. My MA friends tout the MA. While I think that the Hog has a much friendlier interface, I cannot ignore some of the wonderful features that the MA has.

I will use whatever system will do the job best. Sadly I have had to pick the MA on a number of jobs because of what it does and the hog does not.
  • If I need to run movies or full video then at that point, I would use media servers. However I think that the ability to map a small movie (i.e. a flag waving) onto a set of LED fixtures would be great.

A Bitmap would be ideal. 100x100 or 320x320. Or 16x16. I think that any would be better than what we have currently.

I would use bitmaps for intensity chases, color chases, simple LED walls. Color effects and strobe effects.

I love the Hog. I have spent a lot of my hard earned money using them and buying them. I also have avoided the MA a lot, simply because I liked my hog. However, I cannot ignore that the MA and Chamsys can do some things that the Hog cannot.

I am seeing more and more designers request the MA. I think it is simply because it has some key features that the hog console is missing. When I talk to ops and other designers, they all love the hog, they simply lament the missing features. A number of them have told me that they moved over because of the lack of these features and support.

I just replaced my Hog 3 with a Fullboar 4. I debated on buying a full Hog 4. It was a tough decision, I loved the desk. I decided not to because I felt that software wise the Hog 4 was not a great deal. For what it cost it was lacking a number of key features that another desk has for the same price.

Pixel Mapping, is a necessity in todays lighting world. It makes LED programming simpler, it allows complex effects.

I kind of look at this as a Mac versus PC argument. (I am a mac guy BTW) I hear my friends who love Hog tout it. My MA friends tout the MA. While I think that the Hog has a much friendlier interface, I cannot ignore some of the wonderful features that the MA has.

I will use whatever system will do the job best. Sadly I have had to pick the MA on a number of jobs because of what it does and the hog does not.
Children
No Data