Smal Pixel mapping

is there in the next update a pixel mapping or what are the plans?
it will be useful even if you have only 20 sunstrips or led fixtures
the video you do with a media server but for those little things very handy:)
Parents
  • I think it is a much needed feature as well.
    As far as I understand it, the new H4 desks have so much overhead in their processor that the desks could easily handle this.

There are some distinct advantages to pixel-mapping directly off the desk.
    For instance if I want to play back media across an array of fixtures and then suddenly have all or even just some of them go to a solid color....it requires additional layers on the media server, potentially with custom masks, transparencies and/or alpha channels.
    With direct control off the desk I could have all the fixtures "playing back" a video clip and then use the outside fixtures in a solid color to frame it for example all very quickly and easily without having to resort to tricks off a media server or a DMX merge between a server and a desk.
    It makes it much cleaner and quicker to just do it all off the desk.

I know it is a feature that has been discussed and is planned, just no idea when they will actually be able to implement it.

Hope this helps. :)
  • I think it is a much needed feature as well.
    As far as I understand it, the new H4 desks have so much overhead in their processor that the desks could easily handle this.

There are some distinct advantages to pixel-mapping directly off the desk.
    For instance if I want to play back media across an array of fixtures and then suddenly have all or even just some of them go to a solid color....it requires additional layers on the media server, potentially with custom masks, transparencies and/or alpha channels.
    With direct control off the desk I could have all the fixtures "playing back" a video clip and then use the outside fixtures in a solid color to frame it for example all very quickly and easily without having to resort to tricks off a media server or a DMX merge between a server and a desk.
    It makes it much cleaner and quicker to just do it all off the desk.

I know it is a feature that has been discussed and is planned, just no idea when they will actually be able to implement it.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data