Smal Pixel mapping

is there in the next update a pixel mapping or what are the plans?
it will be useful even if you have only 20 sunstrips or led fixtures
the video you do with a media server but for those little things very handy:)
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Buzz313th;73222]Cool post Marty, Thanks.

If I need to scrub files or go backwards on Arkaos, I found that "PhotoJpg" files rerendered with a key frame every frame or "Anim" file type will give me the ability to playback any direction or scrub (Scratch) with very little CPU overhead. I have been able to scrub 8 layers off faders and have CPU and GPU FPS stay we'll above 300. Those file types allow for almost an uncompressed file. It's a huge file compared to other types, but more importantly it doesn't need to do a lot of decoding, so it leaves your CPU alone. The bottleneck in this case is the Ram and then the Ssd. Both of which are fat enough for the task.

If your Axon will eat those file types, give it a spin.

All the best

JB

These file-types are always best if you like to playback a movie backwards. Keyframe every frame is the key to success ;-)
    I use Catalyst a lot and the CPU is the secondary thing there, like in most Media-Servers. GPU and fast datatransfer from you storage is the main-thing to take care about. I can playback 8 layers of Full HD ProRes 422 on a Mac Pro Quad Core 5.1 with a Quadro 4000 in it.
  • [QUOTE=Buzz313th;73222]Cool post Marty, Thanks.

If I need to scrub files or go backwards on Arkaos, I found that "PhotoJpg" files rerendered with a key frame every frame or "Anim" file type will give me the ability to playback any direction or scrub (Scratch) with very little CPU overhead. I have been able to scrub 8 layers off faders and have CPU and GPU FPS stay we'll above 300. Those file types allow for almost an uncompressed file. It's a huge file compared to other types, but more importantly it doesn't need to do a lot of decoding, so it leaves your CPU alone. The bottleneck in this case is the Ram and then the Ssd. Both of which are fat enough for the task.

If your Axon will eat those file types, give it a spin.

All the best

JB

These file-types are always best if you like to playback a movie backwards. Keyframe every frame is the key to success ;-)
    I use Catalyst a lot and the CPU is the secondary thing there, like in most Media-Servers. GPU and fast datatransfer from you storage is the main-thing to take care about. I can playback 8 layers of Full HD ProRes 422 on a Mac Pro Quad Core 5.1 with a Quadro 4000 in it.
Children
No Data