Smal Pixel mapping

is there in the next update a pixel mapping or what are the plans?
it will be useful even if you have only 20 sunstrips or led fixtures
the video you do with a media server but for those little things very handy:)
Parents
  • I have been reading with interest. Personally I think the pixel mapping thing is a reaction to the inability to do what we want to do on the console, and is a crude workaround, in most cases. What's missing for me on this and some other consoles currently, is the ability to layout your fixtures graphically yet proportionately, be there 10 or 10,000 of them, and be able to create the desired looks on stage quickly, accurately and in a manor that is both reusable and scaleable. By this I mean you should be able to create a sequence on one show with 100 fixtures and re-use this on another show with 500 fixtures. You should be able to alter the relationship of the fixtures in the layout to create various offsets without reprogramming your data.

The main issue I have with pixel mapping, and yes sure it does have a place of sorts, is that unless you are creating pixel accurate bespoke content, it easily becomes generic wall paper, is very hard to manipulate accurately, and almost impossible to use with music which has a non-linear or syncopated structure. If it is bespoke, altering the fixture count requires remaking the content.

I feel as if what is being requested can be achieved by other means, it just takes a shift in thinking perhaps to get there. The beauty of coming at this from a different angle is that it's not fixated to any number of parameters or fixture types and thus should offer support for future fixture releases of any kind however off the wall they become as they come to market.

I'm very excited about the future plans of the development team and quietly confident a good all-round solution can be found. I'm just not sure old-style pixel mapping is the whole answer.

Regards

Ross
  • I have been reading with interest. Personally I think the pixel mapping thing is a reaction to the inability to do what we want to do on the console, and is a crude workaround, in most cases. What's missing for me on this and some other consoles currently, is the ability to layout your fixtures graphically yet proportionately, be there 10 or 10,000 of them, and be able to create the desired looks on stage quickly, accurately and in a manor that is both reusable and scaleable. By this I mean you should be able to create a sequence on one show with 100 fixtures and re-use this on another show with 500 fixtures. You should be able to alter the relationship of the fixtures in the layout to create various offsets without reprogramming your data.

The main issue I have with pixel mapping, and yes sure it does have a place of sorts, is that unless you are creating pixel accurate bespoke content, it easily becomes generic wall paper, is very hard to manipulate accurately, and almost impossible to use with music which has a non-linear or syncopated structure. If it is bespoke, altering the fixture count requires remaking the content.

I feel as if what is being requested can be achieved by other means, it just takes a shift in thinking perhaps to get there. The beauty of coming at this from a different angle is that it's not fixated to any number of parameters or fixture types and thus should offer support for future fixture releases of any kind however off the wall they become as they come to market.

I'm very excited about the future plans of the development team and quietly confident a good all-round solution can be found. I'm just not sure old-style pixel mapping is the whole answer.

Regards

Ross
Children
No Data