Update Button when programming cues

I am wondering why there are inconsistencies when trying to update a cue.

Sometimes, I will be playing a cuelist, and I will stop on a certain cue that I want to edit. I will change some colors, gobos, etc. Then I click the UPDATE botton. The Auto-Update screen pops up, and I check on the cue I am trying to update.

I then hit the CLEAR button, and sometimes everything is fine, and other times all changes are not recorded.

On a similar note, sometimes a cue from a different Master is the only Auto-Update option I have. Meaning that the cue that I currently am on, is not even visible and selectable in the Auto-Update box. Frustrating that I cannot update the cue at times.
Parents
  • The reason you may not be seeing the Cue List you want to update, when you use the Update key, may be that the fixture(s) that you are trying to add are new to that cue. If those particular fixtures you have in the programmer were never part of any recorded cue before, then the Update key will only show the last Cue List recorded as an option to send them to.

Basically, Record, Merge, and Update all do the same thing, they just do it differently.

-Record can create a new Cue or Scene, but there are options when using Record to Inset, Merge, or Replace the Cue.

-Merge is really the dumbest of the three options, but its my favorite. It relies on you to tell it where you want the values in the programmer to go. Merge, 2, Enter will add the fixtures in the programmer to Cue 2 of the Choosen Master. If you try to Merge a Cue that doesn't exist, the console will ask if you want to create that Cue number.

-Update is the option most use for when you have many different fixtures in the programmer that all need to be updated across multiple Cue Lists, or Palettes. Update knows where that fixture(s) is already working and updates its values into the proper place. Update is also the best option for when you are in a later cue and you are not sure which of the previous cues the values are stored in. So if Channel 4 was originally recorded in Cue 3 and you are sitting in Cue 12, but you want to change the value of Channel 4, Track Backwards will make sure that those new values are not updated into Cue 12, but rather tracked backwards and stored into Cue 3.
  • The reason you may not be seeing the Cue List you want to update, when you use the Update key, may be that the fixture(s) that you are trying to add are new to that cue. If those particular fixtures you have in the programmer were never part of any recorded cue before, then the Update key will only show the last Cue List recorded as an option to send them to.

Basically, Record, Merge, and Update all do the same thing, they just do it differently.

-Record can create a new Cue or Scene, but there are options when using Record to Inset, Merge, or Replace the Cue.

-Merge is really the dumbest of the three options, but its my favorite. It relies on you to tell it where you want the values in the programmer to go. Merge, 2, Enter will add the fixtures in the programmer to Cue 2 of the Choosen Master. If you try to Merge a Cue that doesn't exist, the console will ask if you want to create that Cue number.

-Update is the option most use for when you have many different fixtures in the programmer that all need to be updated across multiple Cue Lists, or Palettes. Update knows where that fixture(s) is already working and updates its values into the proper place. Update is also the best option for when you are in a later cue and you are not sure which of the previous cues the values are stored in. So if Channel 4 was originally recorded in Cue 3 and you are sitting in Cue 12, but you want to change the value of Channel 4, Track Backwards will make sure that those new values are not updated into Cue 12, but rather tracked backwards and stored into Cue 3.
Children
No Data