Update Button when programming cues

I am wondering why there are inconsistencies when trying to update a cue.

Sometimes, I will be playing a cuelist, and I will stop on a certain cue that I want to edit. I will change some colors, gobos, etc. Then I click the UPDATE botton. The Auto-Update screen pops up, and I check on the cue I am trying to update.

I then hit the CLEAR button, and sometimes everything is fine, and other times all changes are not recorded.

On a similar note, sometimes a cue from a different Master is the only Auto-Update option I have. Meaning that the cue that I currently am on, is not even visible and selectable in the Auto-Update box. Frustrating that I cannot update the cue at times.
Parents
  • From the earlier description it sounds like you have more than one master active. If you happen to be in cue 1/12 (fader 1, cue 12), you change colors on some fixtures from red to blue and hit update, the pop-up window opens and does not give you an option for updating 1/12. Instead it gives you an option for updating fader 5 cue 3. That is because the color information is actually over on fader 5. The console is asking you if you want to update the cue you have, in fact changed. Let's assume you thought this was odd (understandable in the moment) and instead opted to merge the color change into 1/12. Problem solved...except you now potentially have issues jumping between lists. Also, what happens if the cuelist on fader 5 has a higher priority set. You will not see the change. Just some thoughts.
  • From the earlier description it sounds like you have more than one master active. If you happen to be in cue 1/12 (fader 1, cue 12), you change colors on some fixtures from red to blue and hit update, the pop-up window opens and does not give you an option for updating 1/12. Instead it gives you an option for updating fader 5 cue 3. That is because the color information is actually over on fader 5. The console is asking you if you want to update the cue you have, in fact changed. Let's assume you thought this was odd (understandable in the moment) and instead opted to merge the color change into 1/12. Problem solved...except you now potentially have issues jumping between lists. Also, what happens if the cuelist on fader 5 has a higher priority set. You will not see the change. Just some thoughts.
Children
No Data