Update Button when programming cues

I am wondering why there are inconsistencies when trying to update a cue.

Sometimes, I will be playing a cuelist, and I will stop on a certain cue that I want to edit. I will change some colors, gobos, etc. Then I click the UPDATE botton. The Auto-Update screen pops up, and I check on the cue I am trying to update.

I then hit the CLEAR button, and sometimes everything is fine, and other times all changes are not recorded.

On a similar note, sometimes a cue from a different Master is the only Auto-Update option I have. Meaning that the cue that I currently am on, is not even visible and selectable in the Auto-Update box. Frustrating that I cannot update the cue at times.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=shandy666;72681]no only one master active and it says its updated but does not
    several other ops in film industry have found this same bug

Copy that. I was just wondering why it was that the current cue wasn't an option in the update window. That would be indicative of something else being active or, at least it should be indicative if that.

Two quick suggestions when having those kinds of issues would be:

A.) check your output window and select SOURCES. Occasionally you will discover there is another cue list or scene running or perhaps a hidden editor.

B.) store a view that is a CLOSE ALL view. If there is an editor open but buried under another window, this will most assuredly fix that problem.

None of this may apply in your situation.
  • [QUOTE=shandy666;72681]no only one master active and it says its updated but does not
    several other ops in film industry have found this same bug

Copy that. I was just wondering why it was that the current cue wasn't an option in the update window. That would be indicative of something else being active or, at least it should be indicative if that.

Two quick suggestions when having those kinds of issues would be:

A.) check your output window and select SOURCES. Occasionally you will discover there is another cue list or scene running or perhaps a hidden editor.

B.) store a view that is a CLOSE ALL view. If there is an editor open but buried under another window, this will most assuredly fix that problem.

None of this may apply in your situation.
Children
No Data