Chase and other effects DURING a cue?

I did some studying on creating a chase. Using the Hog4 Help, I discovered creating a chase from a cuelist in the Options menu. The chase runs through the cuelist.

I was wondering if that meant that a chase HAD TO BE an entire cuelist
It seems a bit extreme, not to be able to have the chase as an Effect during a single cue, or upon pressing FLASH or something on a master.

I am basically thinking through possible doing a chase either through an entire song, or during a certain part of the song.
Parents
  • When you select this option then the cue list becomes a chase, its speed and crossfade you can adjust pressing the choose button.

If you want part of a cue list to become a chase, then you could use insert link option which allows you to loop some cues with options how to jump put of that, maybe a go push or it counts 10 times etc.

Something like insert link in cue 14 and have it link back to cue 11. The make 11 thru 14 follow cues, that allows you to have more complex timing in those cues.

If you require a more standard timing then I would say making a chase on its own and just just macro that into the main list and a macro to release it when done is a simple thing to do.

I use the first option if that sequence of cues that need different timings within the loop or the second option if the sequence of cues is a normal chase, by that I mean 4 steps with the same time.
  • When you select this option then the cue list becomes a chase, its speed and crossfade you can adjust pressing the choose button.

If you want part of a cue list to become a chase, then you could use insert link option which allows you to loop some cues with options how to jump put of that, maybe a go push or it counts 10 times etc.

Something like insert link in cue 14 and have it link back to cue 11. The make 11 thru 14 follow cues, that allows you to have more complex timing in those cues.

If you require a more standard timing then I would say making a chase on its own and just just macro that into the main list and a macro to release it when done is a simple thing to do.

I use the first option if that sequence of cues that need different timings within the loop or the second option if the sequence of cues is a normal chase, by that I mean 4 steps with the same time.
Children
No Data