HOG4PC Nano Mode and Multiple Monitors

Running HOG4PC (one release back from the current version) and when running in Nano mode we could not get multiple monitors to work well. We had to revert to regular mode (5 encoders) which was a bit of a drag because we are using the HOG3 programming wing and HOG3 playback wings.

Is there a trick to getting Nano mode to work well with multiple monitors. It seems like when you switch to Nano mode the main screen has some fixed layouts that could not be modified. It may be that we just couldn't figure out how to do what we wanted with the screen layouts. We could not get the playback and cue lists on the monitor we wanted.

Thanks,
Ross

Ephrata Performing Arts Center
Parents
  • Moving the playback bar was one issue. I need to check with the LD that did the show - I am sure there was more than one thing. It might have been that he just did not have enough time to investigate - it was our first time with 4.

I originally configured it for Nano mode because I remembered reading a post a while ago that if you had HOG3 programming wing, using Nano mode was the best option because you would have 4 encoders instead of the 5 that you get with the better hardware.

Running a HOG3 programming wing in 4 (not Nano Mode), there was no way for us to access the 5th wheel set without bringing up the UI console on the monitor and adjusting it there. Just made it awkward for those rare cases when you need to get to the fifth wheel set.

Ross
  • Moving the playback bar was one issue. I need to check with the LD that did the show - I am sure there was more than one thing. It might have been that he just did not have enough time to investigate - it was our first time with 4.

I originally configured it for Nano mode because I remembered reading a post a while ago that if you had HOG3 programming wing, using Nano mode was the best option because you would have 4 encoders instead of the 5 that you get with the better hardware.

Running a HOG3 programming wing in 4 (not Nano Mode), there was no way for us to access the 5th wheel set without bringing up the UI console on the monitor and adjusting it there. Just made it awkward for those rare cases when you need to get to the fifth wheel set.

Ross
Children
No Data