merging show-how to get the patch?

lets say i work on show B and want to merge some fixtures WITH PATCH from show A.
What do i have to do in the merge show dialog?
I don't get it right.

I'm successful in getting the fixtures but NOT THE PATCH that i need from show A.
Parents
  • Show Merge does not include patching. This is to prevent mix ups with the fixtures that may already be patched in the current show. No single DMX address can be assigned to more than one fixture per universe, so there would be too many issues with trying to merge patching into a show.
    All other data from the source show file can be merged though, including cues and effects that you have programmed. So your show that you programmed on Show A can still be merged into Show B. You would just have to patch all the fixtures again.
    If you really need all the patching to remain, why not just rename a backup of Show A to be your Show B and then edit that show file as needed? Hope this helps.
  • Show Merge does not include patching. This is to prevent mix ups with the fixtures that may already be patched in the current show. No single DMX address can be assigned to more than one fixture per universe, so there would be too many issues with trying to merge patching into a show.
    All other data from the source show file can be merged though, including cues and effects that you have programmed. So your show that you programmed on Show A can still be merged into Show B. You would just have to patch all the fixtures again.
    If you really need all the patching to remain, why not just rename a backup of Show A to be your Show B and then edit that show file as needed? Hope this helps.
Children
No Data