which touch technology for outdoor use with nano hog 4?

Hello guys,

I am planning to buy a nano Hog 4 with a 24" Elo touch monitor.

I saw the model 2440L and there are different versions depending on the touch technology:

IntelliTouch
iTouch
IntelliTouch Plus
iTouch Plus
Projected capacitive

What do you think the best technology for outdoor use with the nano hog 4?
Parents
No Data
  • Great choice on considering the nano Hog 4 with a 24" Elo touch monitor for your outdoor setup! When it comes to touch technology for outdoor use, the choice often depends on the specific environmental conditions and user preferences.

For outdoor applications, where exposure to various elements is a concern, projected capacitive (PCAP) technology is generally a solid choice. PCAP touchscreens are known for their durability, resistance to environmental factors, and responsiveness. They can withstand exposure to sunlight, rain, and dust, making them suitable for outdoor venues.

Among the options you mentioned, IntelliTouch Plus and iTouch Plus are variants of surface acoustic wave (SAW) technology, while Projected Capacitive is a different technology altogether. Considering the outdoor setting, I would recommend leaning towards the Projected Capacitive option for its robustness and reliability in challenging outdoor conditions.

However, it's always a good idea to check with Elo or the manufacturer for any specific recommendations or considerations based on your exact usage scenario. They may provide insights tailored to the nano Hog 4 and the outdoor environment you plan to use it in.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your purchase! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Children
No Data