Show Backups and RollBacks

Hi Guys
i used to program on the GrandMA for years and made always a backup when i wanted to do that.
So until i made button presses to actually save a copy on HD or USB the state of my show was not saved.

So on HOG the state of your show is always saved on HD wether you want it or not.
So how you guys handle backups on the HOG OS?

When you backup files?

I also ran into a situation where i was in programing for a couple of minutes, messed things up and just wanted to have the state of the console prior the programming-session.

At the GrandMA i would just have had switched of the desk and run the showfile again cause i didn't make a backup.
Not on HOG.
Parents
  • During intense programming sessions, I usually do backups within 30 minute increments. Sometimes more frequently if I'm about to get into some crazy programming. If I mess up or if I just don't like where I'm going, I just load my last backup and overwrite the show that I was working on. When I'm going to start writing complex macros or anything like that, I always make a backup just prior to doing it so that if I mess it up, I have my starting point.

I program on both platforms and I'm more comfortable with the Hog's setup since, in the event of a failure (hardware or software), I know I haven't lost anything. It is my decision of what I'm going to lose when I load a backup. I have been on a Ma2 that had a hardware crash and luckily, with my backup discipline, I only lost 15 minutes of programming.

• During intense programming sessions, I usually do backups within 30 minute increments. Sometimes more frequently if I'm about to get into some crazy programming. If I mess up or if I just don't like where I'm going, I just load my last backup and overwrite the show that I was working on. When I'm going to start writing complex macros or anything like that, I always make a backup just prior to doing it so that if I mess it up, I have my starting point.

I program on both platforms and I'm more comfortable with the Hog's setup since, in the event of a failure (hardware or software), I know I haven't lost anything. It is my decision of what I'm going to lose when I load a backup. I have been on a Ma2 that had a hardware crash and luckily, with my backup discipline, I only lost 15 minutes of programming.

Children
No Data