Console crashes

I've suffered a few complete crashes over the last few months.

Firstly I've had the console completely lock up, current output is maintained but nothing responds and the only way out is to reboot. Happened on a Hog 4 running 2.3.0

The other type is where I lose all the play buttons. Back buttons still work. If I hit any choose buttons I end up with multiple playbacks chosen with flashing blue LEDs but I can't play or release. Again the only way out is to reboot. I've seen this on a Hog 4 with both v2.1.0 and 2.3.0.

I don't know what caused either and I can't reproduce them. They've happened on different show files, and always mid show so it's been a mad scramble to recover.
Sorry, not my consoles so no log files either.
Parents
  • Hello Leggy,

Sorry to hear about your problems.
    We have heard of one other case of the multiple chosen buttons flashing and the play button not working.
    We have been looking for a repro but have yet to recreate this in our lab.
    I truly understand that when the desk goes down in mid-show the scramble that you go thru to get backup as quickly as you can and I hate to ask but if you could take that extra second to save the file it would be helpful.
    Can you send me your latest show file so I can load it and test with it?
    Can you also please tell me your network setup?
  • Hello Leggy,

Sorry to hear about your problems.
    We have heard of one other case of the multiple chosen buttons flashing and the play button not working.
    We have been looking for a repro but have yet to recreate this in our lab.
    I truly understand that when the desk goes down in mid-show the scramble that you go thru to get backup as quickly as you can and I hate to ask but if you could take that extra second to save the file it would be helpful.
    Can you send me your latest show file so I can load it and test with it?
    Can you also please tell me your network setup?
Children
No Data