When are we getting a decent fixture builder?

With the amount of Chinese gear flooding the market, the need for a fully powered fixture builder is higher everyday.

Is one in the pipe works?
Parents
  • The builder works for sure, somewhat of a time vampire though. Most of the time I would be just attempting to correct a personality in the library which happens to be needed more than is acceptable in my view. I think being able to by pass real world values when needed to speed up a process by some sort of continuos function which I can do on a colour wheel for example (as my colour encoder never works and the tool bar is useless when the personality is off)

Building from scratch: I think its okay, really its only real world values that slow the process down, nothing seems sorted in alphabetical order, I build line by line as nothing is more soul destroying than the load of nonsense error messages after doing a 40 channel fixture as doors draws close.

I have a new year eve event where they seem to have a couple of items not currently involved with the library, I know that can be rattle out in 10 minutes on the event console (Chamsys) and I will look like a confused old man as I waste too much time fumbling around with the fixture builder. It would be also nice if whatever you created was not connected with the show file another time vampire. Also would be nice to write rude words into fields as you could with the wonderful number 2.
  • The builder works for sure, somewhat of a time vampire though. Most of the time I would be just attempting to correct a personality in the library which happens to be needed more than is acceptable in my view. I think being able to by pass real world values when needed to speed up a process by some sort of continuos function which I can do on a colour wheel for example (as my colour encoder never works and the tool bar is useless when the personality is off)

Building from scratch: I think its okay, really its only real world values that slow the process down, nothing seems sorted in alphabetical order, I build line by line as nothing is more soul destroying than the load of nonsense error messages after doing a 40 channel fixture as doors draws close.

I have a new year eve event where they seem to have a couple of items not currently involved with the library, I know that can be rattle out in 10 minutes on the event console (Chamsys) and I will look like a confused old man as I waste too much time fumbling around with the fixture builder. It would be also nice if whatever you created was not connected with the show file another time vampire. Also would be nice to write rude words into fields as you could with the wonderful number 2.
Children
No Data