When are we getting a decent fixture builder?

With the amount of Chinese gear flooding the market, the need for a fully powered fixture builder is higher everyday.

Is one in the pipe works?
Parents
  • Run out of room there. One chap with LED things had some bother with his white point as he used HSI and although we managed to get a better white via CMY+W er, RGB+W as the 2 are not connected again the update failed to make it to the programmed show, which is where Marc's advice to build a fixture with everything in seems to be so important. Once these small problems crop up then its not a fast system at all, its a time vampire, as one chap asked if we could edit the fixture for him after he had updates a lot of his palettes, well mate, yes but you will need to start again which all that, against lets say the Chamsys where the update seemed to be live and within the current selected patch.

I enjoyed my Hog festival season, I found it the best busking/festival desk I have ever used, anyone using it had no problems, got everything they needed, it made my life very easy, loved it. You can set up a quite complex show then is very simple to use without that much effort, but I do wish the library was better and yes I know the fixture priests have to do it from dodgy data sheets, but if that is a known then a way needs to be found, its the same with MA and all the rest, but its just so much easier and quicker to do it yourself or get them to do it.
  • Run out of room there. One chap with LED things had some bother with his white point as he used HSI and although we managed to get a better white via CMY+W er, RGB+W as the 2 are not connected again the update failed to make it to the programmed show, which is where Marc's advice to build a fixture with everything in seems to be so important. Once these small problems crop up then its not a fast system at all, its a time vampire, as one chap asked if we could edit the fixture for him after he had updates a lot of his palettes, well mate, yes but you will need to start again which all that, against lets say the Chamsys where the update seemed to be live and within the current selected patch.

I enjoyed my Hog festival season, I found it the best busking/festival desk I have ever used, anyone using it had no problems, got everything they needed, it made my life very easy, loved it. You can set up a quite complex show then is very simple to use without that much effort, but I do wish the library was better and yes I know the fixture priests have to do it from dodgy data sheets, but if that is a known then a way needs to be found, its the same with MA and all the rest, but its just so much easier and quicker to do it yourself or get them to do it.
Children
No Data