Setting all cues for stage depth?

I have the hedgehog 4. I'm new to high end systems.

I've programmed lighting for a New Years show tomorrow. The show was not programmed on the stage being used. All of my moving lights are pointed just at the front of the stage.

I'd there a way to set the stage depth for all cues globally?

Thanks for any help.
Parents
  • It all depends on what type of show you're doing.

Concerts? Theater? Corporate? It's all very subjective.

Basically…you can build some palettes for positions you want to use. For a concert, I have my shows built on 7 positions to start. Band, Cross Stage, XXX, Fan, Roof, Audience, DSC. So those 7 positions are what I create palettes for.

When programming, I select my fixtures, put them in the band position and continue. Mixing and matching depending on what I'm doing.

Now that everything is programmed, when I get to the venue, I turn on all of the lights, put them in the position and update the palette to what works on stage. Done. All programming is updated.

To put palettes into cues, be sitting in the cue…select the movers, put them in a palette and MERGE into the cue.

Does that help?
  • It all depends on what type of show you're doing.

Concerts? Theater? Corporate? It's all very subjective.

Basically…you can build some palettes for positions you want to use. For a concert, I have my shows built on 7 positions to start. Band, Cross Stage, XXX, Fan, Roof, Audience, DSC. So those 7 positions are what I create palettes for.

When programming, I select my fixtures, put them in the band position and continue. Mixing and matching depending on what I'm doing.

Now that everything is programmed, when I get to the venue, I turn on all of the lights, put them in the position and update the palette to what works on stage. Done. All programming is updated.

To put palettes into cues, be sitting in the cue…select the movers, put them in a palette and MERGE into the cue.

Does that help?
Children
No Data