Hog 4PC with DP2000?

Hello, I was doing one looking around online yesterday, and discovered that "the DP2000 will no longer be functional within Wholehog software versions 3.2.0 and greater." (According to the Trade in and End of Service information for the DP2000). My question is if this is referring to the firmware running on the DP, or if I can only use the DP with the HOG 3.2.0 PC software. Can I use the DP2000 with HOG 4PC, or only up to Hog3 PC v 3.2.0?
Parents
  • No... All artnet universes on hogpc are just copies/mirrors of what is outputed from the super widget.

HogPC can output max. 8 universes via widgets, (2 x super widget, 1 x super douper widget, or single widgets or any combination), all theses widget-outs will then be mirrored to artnet. You can then use any artnet-dmx converter to convert them back to DMX. And in this case you can use the DP2000.
    Which makes not much sense, because you already have the output on DMX from the widget.
    Only if you dont want to run a lot of 5-pin lines, you could just run 1 network cable and then convert it back
  • No... All artnet universes on hogpc are just copies/mirrors of what is outputed from the super widget.

HogPC can output max. 8 universes via widgets, (2 x super widget, 1 x super douper widget, or single widgets or any combination), all theses widget-outs will then be mirrored to artnet. You can then use any artnet-dmx converter to convert them back to DMX. And in this case you can use the DP2000.
    Which makes not much sense, because you already have the output on DMX from the widget.
    Only if you dont want to run a lot of 5-pin lines, you could just run 1 network cable and then convert it back
Children
No Data