Trackball Mouse for Nano

Will there ever be support for an external track ball mouse for the nano?
Parents
  • It's been a while since there was any word in this.
    If you're going to promise a feature, don't leave people hanging for years.

The "Virtual Trackball" of Hog 4 PC simply doesn't work. I've tried it on multiple PCs and laptops and I've never seen it behave in a way that I'd call remotely useful. As such, entering the values directly into the programmer is the only way to get anything done, regardless of whether you're using a trackball or a mouse.

This virtual trackball doesn't behave the same as other software as left/right sometimes affects tilt and up/down sometimes affects pan, and they all seem to jump almost immediately to their limit values, regardless of how "slow" you set the trackball preferences.

Just let us plug a Kensington trackball into the Hoglet like you can with the more expensive consoles.
    In the end, most people using Hog 4 PC are either learning your product (which you should be grateful for considering your competitors), or working on a show that will be played back with one of your more expensive consoles anyway.
  • It's been a while since there was any word in this.
    If you're going to promise a feature, don't leave people hanging for years.

The "Virtual Trackball" of Hog 4 PC simply doesn't work. I've tried it on multiple PCs and laptops and I've never seen it behave in a way that I'd call remotely useful. As such, entering the values directly into the programmer is the only way to get anything done, regardless of whether you're using a trackball or a mouse.

This virtual trackball doesn't behave the same as other software as left/right sometimes affects tilt and up/down sometimes affects pan, and they all seem to jump almost immediately to their limit values, regardless of how "slow" you set the trackball preferences.

Just let us plug a Kensington trackball into the Hoglet like you can with the more expensive consoles.
    In the end, most people using Hog 4 PC are either learning your product (which you should be grateful for considering your competitors), or working on a show that will be played back with one of your more expensive consoles anyway.
Children
No Data